Saturday, October 03, 2009

This can't be the beginning...........

Sorry folks, this will seem like a doom and gloom post which I try to keep from writing much. But I'm in that kind of mood today. Our weather got cold this week. lows in the 40s, highs in the 50s. Almost 48 hrs after this started, both boys got stuffy. Now today Wesley has a fever. We were inside almost all day. This can't be the beginning. It can't. I'm simply not ready or mentally prepared to begin the days of 'Oh crap! Shut the door before the air bites off my face' yet. Now me being the dramatic person that I am must warn you that it will be getting back to 70 or so this week with lows in the 50's. So all hope is not lost. But it was really gloomy today and the sun didn't show and I just felt ick. Plus, the minute one of my kids gets a fever, it is. just.terrible. I feel like we're trapped in a closet. Now Wesley was acting mostly happy and normal today, so it should be no big deal right? But this is the season Bri travels a lot and the whole no warm sun thing coupled with any illness is pretty much my worse form of torture. This is when I long for family. I can beat down the door of any family member regardless of sickness usually and most definitely when I'm a loner. Then I don't feel like I'm in a closet, I feel like the old days of being a family and growing up together. We were always around eachother sick and it was no biggie. Which I could write a whole post right now on having these weird feelings of wanting to be a little girl again and having my old family back, etc etc, but I won't. It's depressing, slightly weird, and simply not gonna happen. Don't tell me you haven't ever thought that, because I don't want to hear it. I might just tell you that you're lying. :) And yes, I LOVE my family and my kids and my husband and we are jolly and I wouldn't trade them for a minute. So there is nothing to worry about if you are one to worry.

Two of my best friends in TX have delivered babies lately and so this could be part of realizing how absent I am from the life I knew for so long. I have one friend here who had a baby recently but that's it. Most of my friends are done having kids and so there is none of that to be a part of. Also, there are moments when I realize it's getting a little foggier for Noah to remember things about our life in TX and how pretty soon here, Indiana will be the bulk of his background.

Do you see what ONE MEASLY DAY of bad weather does to this girl??????!!!??? So leave comments that make me laugh or remind me of a memory with you or that tell me you are sending me lots of presents in the mail. Any of those will help. :) Hopefully tomorrow, being Sunday, and being "my favorite day of the week" as my Dad always told me will turn this mood around. I'll let ya know..........

6 comments:

MDM said...

I love reading about your life...good and not so..I admire your honesty and how candid you are. I remember visiting Kim in Cali and loving the whole 3-girl-family concept..you were little "Boogie" then :) I thought that was the cutest nick-name. Hang in there with the cabin fever..never fun.

Tracey Clem said...

Hey sister! I totally feel your pain about the coming winter. And doesn't it feel like it lasts FOREVER! And I'm the one who loves the cold weather...even worse for you, my dear sun-loving friend. Hang in there, and know I'm right there with you. And soak up these gorgeous fall days while they last.

Also, so you know a little something fun in the midst of all the dread and gloom...we're expecting #2!! I know, kind of a lousy way to let a friend know. But knowing the way our lives often are, sometimes a blog comment is all I can find time for! :)

Hope you're having a glorious illness-free Sunday!

Love you!

Tracey Clem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Hope today's gorgeous weather helped a little bit, sweet friend. I'm sorry Wesley is sick. :( Try to take it as a time to snuggle more, relax at home a little more instead of running around; more time to bless your home and the people in it. (Is that a decent spin on being trapped with sickies?)

Ash said...

I feel your pain. It has been high in the 50s here and lows in the 30s. We're supposed to have lows in the teens this weekend. TEENS! What the heck. I will definitely be homebound with the kids most of the time. It is just too cold and we are not ready for this kind of cold yet.
Mia and Jude got sick awhile back when Jarrod was out of town for a conference and all I wanted was a friend or some sort of family to entertain the big kids while I took care of the little ones. Also, when we first moved here I got sick and all I wanted was my Mom to come take care of me and the kids, but that can't happen for awhile.
Being pregnant, I realized that this little man won't know any of our friends in TX and he won't see most of my family ever b/c they can't or won't travel. He won't even know TX as home. Jude will see pictures of himself there, but he probably won't remember too much.
It's sad sometimes.

amber said...

Hey sweet friend!! I wish so badly you could be here to kiss on this little bitty neck of Leightons....oh my goodness...so sweet!! All is going well....and I also noticed/missed seeing you in the hospital:)!! WE've seen yall every time so far...and I missed seeing your sweet face! Love you friend...and I will call you soon!