Thursday, January 05, 2012

Awwwww, yes.

So today was the beginning of a phase I had forgotten about. Oh wait, maybe I've never seen it before....or I conveniently forgot? Well, whatever it is, today was a hellish day to be Macy's mother. I want to document it just in case I later forget, she changes, or someone calls me a liar because Macy Noel is an angel and could never be capable of such demonic behavior (which is exacly what my mom is thinking right now). The following routine filled up an entire day and was exhausting at worst and comical at best.

scenario #1:
pick up food, throw it on floor.
say "no" loudly.
pick up food, throw it on floor.
swat her hand.
pick up food, throw it on floor.
yell louder and swat hand.
shake head, scream angrily, pick up food, throw it on floor, hit tray, hit the air, hit anything in sight.

scenario #2:
push new walking train till it tips over.
scream and cry and yell till mom puts it upright.
push new walking train till it tips over.
scream, throw fists and yell till mom puts it upright.
push new walking train till it inevitably tips over.
shove train, hit train, cry and scream bloody murder, act like a beast and yell till someone comes over and removes child from train.

scenario #3:
mom stands up for any multitude of reasons.
crying ensues, tugging at leg, falling over, crying louder, death grip on leg, excessive snot and tears.

Brian was able to witness Macy's new found "personality" front and center tonight and he was not pleased or amused. he he he he, I had to chuckle. There is NO telling how he would have dealt with our daughter's temper if he was subject to it all.day.long today.
Now, knowing my luck, I will find out in a few short days that Macy has an ear infection. This will make all of this magically seem like a pitiful cry for help from my newly 1 yr old daughter. Well, poop. I'm callin' it. I say this is Macy. She's adorable as all get out. She is screaming for kisses. However, she is one pushy broad and is getting meaner and more opinionated by the day. I hope I'm wrong. Boy do I hope I'm wrong.

0 comments: