It's only mid February and I'm already procrastinating on any resolutions or ideas I had last month. Man, I'm pretty sad. My goal to lose some weight still definitely exists but isn't being pursued..........hmmmm with gusto, you might say. But I have till June (trip to Puerto Rico with Brian's company) so plenty of time, right?
My bible reading has actually hung on strong, so that's good. My prayer life needs a good kick in the pants. Anyone have any ideas about how to really get enthralled and disciplined in prayer? Man, I need help. Forgive me Lord, for putting you on hold way too much.
As far as the transition to part time---it’s a slow one. Basically exactly what I thought would happen is happening. We are all so caught up in our work because it is the busiest time of the year and therefore my part time status gets put on hold. I’m just as much to blame though, because I’m too busy to really push it. Plus, they honestly don’t have anyone that can start taking over and no money to pay for a new person. So I’m a little apprehensive because I don’t want the quality of work to go down and I know they don’t either. EVERYTHING that happens in the LST office is so important for the end result---more people hearing about Jesus. I just don’t know how to bridge the gap.....but I know that’s not my job. I also don’t think I want to do as many hours as originally intended. I had said 30 but now I’m thinking 23-25. I know that’ll throw em’ for a loop as well. :)
So bottom line, I've got lots of work to do to in all areas of life. But the good news is Noah is fantastic---I am more and more in love with him everyday. And Brian's and my marriage is doing awesome. So ultimately, what more could I ask for?
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
So anyone else procrastinating?
Posted by April Spicer at 2/15/2006 08:37:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for the update notification. I struggle with the same things. I had to laugh the other day when Emille packed my lunch and put a bottle of "Low Fat, Low cal" Apple Juice in it. Obviously she wants me to lose weight more than I do. I mean its freakin apple juice! When did that stop being healthy?
Just an idea for your prayer time if you are a person who likes to be organized...prayer cards are a good idea. You can use 3x5 cards to write your prayers on. They can even be color cordinated to each day. That way you aren't praying for the same thing every day and your prayers won't be enormously long. A good place to keep them is in a prayer box. You can be as creative as you want with this. Craft stores will often have black wood boxes you can paint on. Although being a mother, who has time for that? This is just an idea, from someone who just happened to stubble across your blog, to improve your prayer time. :o)
April,
What more could you ask for? A happy, healthy baby and a thriving marrigae? God is good! I am in need of a kick in the pants myself in my prayer life. My sister used to have a neat thing. They had a little board in their room where they would list prayer requests and that would remind them to stop and say a prayer for those things. I have been thinking about doing this and maybe sitting it in my bathroom or my car -- someplace that it would stare me in the face. I think that the discipline of prayer is one of the hardest mainly because it requires emotion. I put it off because I don't have the emotion to give a lot of the time...not realizing that if I just stopped and gave I would end up receiving so much more! April, you are so dear. Many blessings upon you!
~Amber
Check us out at jeremyandamber.blogspot.com
Post a Comment