I really care nothing about St. patty's Day but I couldn't think of anything else to title this. Yes, lack of creativity is my name. Anyway, I'm right on par with writing once a month on this blog. I would love to do it more and heaven knows YOU want me to do it more! :) ha ha But I simply don't have the drive or time to sit down and do it. I want to write long entries and not little snippits, which is what keeps me from sitting down and doing it because I know it'll take awhile. All that aside, here I am, writing today. I had to update everyone on my not so part time status at work. Well, officially as of March 1st, I am part time. Woo hoo! To be honest, it doesn't feel much different. See, I am keeping the exact same schedule---the difference is the 2.5 days I am at home, instead of working on my computer, I can play with Noah. Now while that may sound simple, I have to admit it is an adjustment. If you haven't ever had 2 full days every week off work, then you know what I mean. What does one do with that time? There are two extremes that I dont' want to fall into. One would be that you can sit around and do nothing all day and be lazy (at 4pm I realize Noah and I are still in our PJs). The other extreme would be every Wednesday and Friday I run all my errands and haul Noah everywhere. NO THANK YOU. This all may sound silly, but I'm serious, I don't know how to "structure" my days off. Noah is a very hands on child---meaning, he does not like to play, think, sing, babble, BE alone....ever. As you can imagine, this poses a slight struggle for me. I have to come up with meaningful, fun, educational things to do all day long. I am completely uncreative and so I am having to learn this. You can only play so many puzzles, throw so many balls, and watch so much Barney. :) So any ideas out there would be quite welcome. I've been meaning to go to a teacher supply store and start fishing for new things to do with Noah. If it were up to Noah, he would "sfing" all day long. That would mean he wants to go outside, into the yard, and have me push him on the swing hanging from our tree.........all day long. Hmmmm, no thanks.
All in all, it's wonderful to not have to think about work every day and know that instead I get to be a mom and individual (oxymoron?) 2 days a week instead of a human calculator.
Well, I am actually working today so I better get back to it. Enjoy this incredibly green day and drink some green beer for me.
Friday, March 17, 2006
Happy St. Patrick's Day
Posted by April Spicer at 3/17/2006 01:52:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment