
Well, Brian's 30th surprise party turned out perfect and I think everyone had a lot of fun. I had it at a Mexican restaurant called Guadalupes. We would NEVER normally go to this place. No particular reason, it just isn't in our circle of restaurants. So there is no way I would ever be able to convince him why would be going there on his birthday of all days. So I chickened out and blindfolded him. But our first stop was Su Vino---a local winery. I figured I'd throw him off the trail by taking him somewhere first for a drink. Brian has a strong interest in wine and had never been to this place. Lo and behold, guess who is there when we walk in?? Some of the party attendees, Garry and Teal Kyle. My body froze for a minute. But then I realized that this was no big deal and shouldn't reveal anything to Brian. It was just a crazy coincidence, right??? Anyway, we had a lovely time for about 45 minutes at this winery tasting and chatting. Garry and Teal left to "go catch a movie". On goes the blindfold again, and we head off to Guadalupes. I lead Brian into the restaurant and this waitress greets us immediately and shouts, "Welcome to Guadalupes!!!". I cringe. I know at this point, Brian is thinking, "what in the world??" So off goes the blindfold and everyone screams "SURPRISE!"
Despite Brian knowing something was going on, I really think he was surprised as to the detail I went to and the wide variety of people who were there. We all had a great time and I was so happy to spoil my honey on his 30th. Fortunately, I've got atleast another 10 years till I have to throw another one of these, right??????
Friday, June 09, 2006
The party was a success!!
Posted by April Spicer at 6/09/2006 10:53:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment