Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Car talk with Noah

It went like this.

Silence in the car on the way to school. Then............

Noah: I’m bigger.
Me: Yes, you are getting bigger.
Noah: I’m taller.
Me: Yes, you are getting taller.
Noah: I want to sit there (pointing to the front passenger seat).
Me: Smile. No, you aren’t big enough to sit there.
Noah: But I’m big.
Me: Yes, but you have to be like, 7 years old to sit there. You are only 2.
Noah: Yes, I’m 2!
Silence.....
Noah: I want to be 22!
Me: What? 22?
Noah: Yep, I want to be 22.
Me: No way. If you were 22, that would mean you were an adult. Being a kid is much more fun.
Noah: I’m a kid!?
Me: Yes, you are a kid.
Noah: No, I’m Noah!

Ahhhhhhhhhh, conversations with my little guy. They make me smile.

5 comments:

Tracey Clem said...

Oh my gosh...that is hilarious!

My grandmother used to tell my cousin, "You're a character!" And he'd say, "No I'm not! I'm Justin Patrick Tuggle!"

Love you!
Tracey

Cheryl said...

Kids say the cutest things! What a way to put a smile on your face for the day. Makes me anxious for Caleb to start talking!

Anonymous said...

How cute! He is so adorable! Loved reading this xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey April... stop by my blog sometime and leave a comment. I have it set up now. I'm just trying to figure out how to post pics in blogspot's format? I'm used to Yahoo 360 blog. Miss you! xoxo

www.beckysd.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Don't you wish you could climb into those little minds and figure out how they come up with these things? Seriously, kids are too much fun!