I've been an internal grump lately. Instead of going into all the details, I found this post that my friend wrote that pretty much describes my dillema....and error. I thought I would share it because it is so well worded and I relate to it so much. My friend challenges me and I'm so glad God put her in my life!
http://unsinkablekristen.blogspot.com/2007/08/well-fine-then.html
Friday, October 12, 2007
I admit it.
Posted by April Spicer at 10/12/2007 05:31:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Awwww April-- I'm here for you! (even though we haven't chatted on the phone in a long time) but any rate- good friends are good friends, no matter the distance or how much time has passed.
I have a few friends that just started families and I know everything just magnifies even more when you have 2! I'm sure it can be frustrating and tiring at times but omg they are just so adorable! : )
I'm not sure if you have my cell anymore, but if you want it- just email my simonson_rebecca@hotmail.com addy and I'll send it to you. i read your friends blog too to better understand how you are feeling. It's normal and you are a GREAT mom and wife! Love you!
xoxo
Becky
Girl, I am feeling this, and we don't even have the baby yet. Kevin and I have been having a lot of converstions lately about roles and expectations once the Little One arrives. I sense in myself the potential for exactly what Kristen was talking about..."you think you've had a hard day?!?" I have set myself up to feel unappreciated, and to respond with resentment.
It's just whole new roles that we're going to have to figure out how to navigate. And it sounds like it's something that continues through babies 1, 2...and more?
This has been a common conversation I've been having recently with my mom friends. So you are certainly not alone...as I'm sure you know. Hang in there, sister.
Love you, girl...
Trace
Ever since I read this post I have been praying for you, April. I hope your internal grumpiness has eased a little. I think we all have those days and it helps to know that we are not alone!
Here's a big hug, from me to you!
I am right there with you girl, I totally understand the way you are feeling! But honestly, I'd like to read a post about how you spent last Friday night....yes, a little birdie told me! HA HA HA HA HA, I seriously thought I was going to roll on the floor at the grill Sunday morning when I heard about the funny "mix-up"! We do need to have a play date soon, how is next week looking for you? let me know!
Apes-
Been there, done that, been there again. It is so important to be honest with yourself, your spouse...and your girlfriends! Cuz, chances are, we're in the same boat.
I think staying at home really IS the hardest job in the world...it NEVER ends! Its constant need and constant giving. And oftentimes, the spouse gets all the joy and love while you continue to fold clothes or clean up a dinner no one commented on! (ha!)
But, isn't it a joy in the midst of the yuck? They are still precious children. And they will never remember these first years...thank you God!
Its hard not to be competitive, huh? To make sure you get equality with your husband...the same work load, the same amount of "free" time, the same amount of sleep.....anyways. Its not going to happen....and I guess, its not supposed to. The Lord has a plan for each of us. And it may be different for each of us. Continue to ask Him to make you the mom and wife HE wants you to be. He loves you so much....so do your boys (Brian included!) and so do I.
Thanks for sharing, babe.
Post a Comment