Monday, January 07, 2008

Thankful Monday

Despite most of my house, including me being very ill right now, I have several things to be thankful for:

1) Puffs Tissues with Lotion. Blowing my nose, and wiping Wes' nose is so much nicer with these kleenex. (And they are on sale, 4 for $4 at Target. Woo hoo!)

2) My caring, wonderful husband who has played Mr. Mom for the last 3 days. Brian is truly amazing, cooking all the meals, keeping up with Noah's energy level, and waiting on me hand and foot. Not to mention taking care of my slightly high maintenance almost 8 month old. Mind you, he has a TERRIBLE cold while accomplishing all of this.

3) My new physician, Cody Mihills. What a refreshing sight to behold a doctor that is social, kind, thorough, caring, and evaluating you beyond what you came in for. And he gave me a heartfelt apology for running late. Something I have been aching for from all the doctors we are involved with for a very long time. I'm just sad that I've only found him right as we are about to move away.

4) The miraculous progress Wesley has made because he has gone down for 6 consecutive naps WITHOUT CRYING!! Only I know what a miracle this really is. He can even be heard squealing and playing a few minutes before he suddenly becomes verrry quiet. It is such a relief. I am so happy that he has come to finally like his bed and understand how great naps really are.

5) The park that is in view from our front porch that we can walk to at a moments notice. All 4 of us walked there after dinner tonight even though it was almost dark. I love getting out and feeling the wind and seeing how happy Noah is outside. I have spent many hours locked up in this house the past few days and it was so nice to be under the sky.

6) Last but definitely not least, I am starting to feel better. Wow, feeling nauseous and having NO energy with a fever for 3 days was my version of hell. I actually ate something today which was progress and managed to color with Noah and do a puzzle. Feats I could not perform a mere 10 hours ago. Thank you God for answering my prayer and healing my body. You are amazing, God for more than these 6 reasons!

2 comments:

Diana Richards said...

I am SO sorry you have been feeling so crummy! That stinks, but it is so nice to see all the blessings God gives even in the crud! I'll miss our chats on Wednesday nights. We should hang out now that you are home more. Let me know when you are feeling up to some activity!

Anonymous said...

I went to high school with a guy named Cody Mihills. Must be the same person. Weird!