LOTS of things to be thankful for today, guys. Here it goes:
1) A very warm house on a very cold day.
2) Seeing my hubbie wear his very plush robe and love every inch of it. I got him it for Christmas and he didn't think he was a robe person. Ha!
3) Public libraries. The ability to check out books, videos, DVDs, play on computers, and browse around all for FREE is quite ingenious I must say. However, my "browsing" time these days is about .15 seconds due to the fact that my 8 month old does not tolerate anything about a quiet, hands-off environment. So I not so patiently await the day that he will sit and read a book......even if only for a couple minutes. Sigh.....
4) Naps. They don't come often, but when they do they can be quite glorious. I think I only got about 20 minutes today...not sure. I'm pretty much in another land when I take a nap and so I'm totally out of it no matter how short it was. Either way, the chance at laying down in my oh so cozy bed with silence in the house is genuinely priceless.
5) My husband is home. Kind of a funny statement because in general you kind of expect your husband to be "home". But this phase of our life is an unusual one in which he is gone about every other week, so I am enjoying his presence thoroughly. He is so helpful, patient, and full of energy for my 3 year old, Noah.
6) A good dinner. I love it when you decide to make something that ends up tasting so much better than you initially thought. Tonight we had mashed potatoes; which I only make on holidays except for maybe 3 other times. Tonight was one of those three. Mini-meatloaves; which sound maybe a little scary but they are YUMMY. Crunchy, gooey, cheesy, saucy, and again, yummy. And then green beans. Not much by themselves, but when mixed with buttery mashed potatoes and meatloaves, they are the perfect fit! Then for dessert, vanilla pudding with fresh blueberries on top. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm
7) Turbotax. I love it. I'm a faithful user for now the 6th year and it is just lovely. Never lets me down and we are due this year for the biggest refund we've ever had! Woo Hoo! Couldn't be a better time.
8) My sisters. They are very unique individuals but at the end of the day, we can tell eachother anything (probably) and still love eachother (probably). Ha. We would do anything for one another and I'm going to miss them so much when we move. I had so much fun just hanging out, making dinner and watching American Idol last week at Kim's house. This week we're going to have a sleepover. I'm very blessed to have such a great family.
9) Wesley. There are so many things I simply love about the little guy but for whatever reason this one thing is a curse but also a blessing. I love how he needs me. I love snuggling with him, nursing him, making him laugh, feeding him new foods, cheering him on when he crawls, and just looking at his utterly perfect face. He needs me like Noah never did and I don't know why that is, but for now, I like it. :)
10) Coffee. The friend who will always be there, always energize you, always keep you warm, and give you that "all is right in the world" kind of feeling. It is how I start each day and it is indeed the perfect start. Right along side my bible study which the combination ensures that I start my morning off right. I may have to reheat it about 10 times, but it is always worth it.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Thankful Monday
Posted by April Spicer at 1/21/2008 09:40:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Love, love, love this list...and now I need to go find me some pudding and blueberries! :) That meal description had my mouth watering as I ate my dumb Kashi bar.
Our 2nd was a little lump of love as well...still is. Such a delight.
As far as fit before napping, we alwasy talk about, and then talk about consequences should it happen again. (Because most of hte time around our house, it will :))
Love you!
BJB
Post a Comment