my bath was kind of comical. How did yours turn out? After 15 minutes of adjusting my body so that I could be down in the warm water but high enough so that I didn't submerge my magazine, I threw my half soaked pages (no lie) out of the bath and just sat there (I mean, whose idea was it to read a magazine in the tub anyway???). The window was open and all I could hear were the night crickets. Now that was relaxing. I had this little satchel of lavender and rosemary that had been sitting in the tub and it wasn't doing anything. I didn't smell it, it didn't make the water smell, I was kind of perturbed. So in the final seconds of sitting there, I picked it up and crushed it over and over in my hands, rolling it as tightly as I could. Suddenly, as if just awoken, all the smells overpowered me. It was amazing! I just kept sniffing the little bundle as if an addict and letting the herbal properties wash over me. They really do work in case you wondered. :) The hot water alone had made my head a little dizzy---the good kind---and now I felt more relaxed.
After the bath I plopped down in my bed--the very thing I said I don't like to do---and read my magazine while Brian was downstairs absorbed by the Bears game. I could hardly keep my eyes open but I trudged through cuz there were some really interesting articles. All in all, a good exercise in relaxation and that's my tale. Did anyone else out there attempt the bogus idea of reading in the bathtub???
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
In case you wondered.......
Posted by April Spicer at 9/15/2009 09:06:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think I may have dreamed about-hahaha! You inspire me!
I try reading a book in the tub at least once every few months and then give up after a few pages because I either get bored, or get uncomfortable.
While pregnant with Allie I started to do Bath & Wine Night every Monday (the last trimester), and I would sit in the hot tub with a teeny glass of red wine (which you know I normally can't stand) and a few squares of dark chocolate. AWESOME. Gave me something to do while I enjoyed the bath, and if I spilled a little it was no big deal. For some reason I haven't done it since she was born. I need to get on that.
Post a Comment