Well, my husband Brian and son Noah and I are off to Chicago tomorrow morning. Sadly, the only thing that comes to mind when I think of it is "Your the Inspiration" by the band. The song I used to cry to as I thought about whoever it was I had a crush on at the time. Pathetic. But what a great band.
Anyway, we're going up to visit some friends in the area who used to live here in DFW. Brian is oh so excited since he's a huge Cubbies fan. We'll be attending Friday's game against the St. Louis Cardinals. I can't wait either. My love for baseball waned until last week when I had a rather awesome night with my dad.
I don't know about you, but the thought of getting my dad a gift card to a department store for Father's Day BITES THE BIG ONE! Now, that's not to say I haven't done it. But I really do hate that it has come to this. I can remember how excited I was to show my dad whatever it was I made him when I was in elementary school. Never did I desire to buy him anything. I knew he was going to love whatever I made for him. So over the years, I've longed to give him something that was that meaningful--but in an adult-way. :) So this year I bought him a Texas Rangers hat and designed an invitation that invited him to relive our old pasttime of watching baseball/softball together. Long story short---we went to the Orioles/Rangers game last Friday night and had a ball. First we accomplished a covert operation by going to Albertson's prior to the game and stuffing our pockets with candy since they would make us throw it away if they found it in my purse which they search. However, shortly after arriving to the field, we realized that whoever the heck told us we couldn't bring outside food or drink into the stadium was full of it! There were people all over carrying their coolers inside the ballpark. Oh well, it made for a fun little adventure. Then we pigged out on footlong hotdogs, nachos, candy and soda. It was a father-daughter dream! In fact, I have a picture I'll have to post later of the two of us in our Ranger gear.
So all that was to say that I'm back in love with baseball and excited to cheer on the Cubbies with my hubby. Even though my longtime team is the Braves. We'll forget that for the week though. So I'll let you know how the trip goes. And if any of you have suggestions on sites to see--give me a hollar! Blog at ya later!
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Chicago...baseball...and Father's Day
Posted by April Spicer at 8/09/2005 05:22:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment