Thursday, May 10, 2007

Friday, May 11, he comes..........

Well, today is our last full day as a family of 3. What a strange feeling. And yet, we're going about our normal business....packing lunches, doing laundry, coloring, going to school, going to work, etc. I guess what is there else to do? Baby Spicer will come tomorrow at 3pm by c-section. We are so excited. All the family (my side) will be arriving tomorrow. God really arranged this all perfectly because it was looking grimmer and grimmer that little to no family would be here for the big event.
The funny thing that I'm realizing is how incredibly wonderful it is to have a planned birth. Sure, you can tell yourself and others that it's becoming more and more "consumer" oriented and people just can't be patient and deal with spontaneity with regard to labor. However, having done the "old fashioned" thing the first time, I am now relishing the pure beauty of knowing when this little guy is coming. I feel so much more emotionally ready, how strange. We are able to tell Noah that his brother is coming tomorrow. He is so excited.........I can't wait to see his face when he sees him. We are able to arrange proper childcare, and just allow ourselves all the necessary things in order to enjoy our time in the hospital. I'm even bringing 3 magazines with me! This seems silly to me, but I think I'll have several hours of being alone and why not catch up on my reading? :)
So pray for us........as we head into this new phase of life. Pray for safety, health, NO REFLUX, decent sleep, and smooth adjustment. We treasure your prayers so much. We can't wait to share with you the name, size, and all the little details of tomorrow. Until then...............

10 comments:

Trying to Love, Laugh & Live said...

Yeah! Can't wait to see him and hear all the details!

Anonymous said...

Yippee! Can't wait to hear the news. We will be praying!

Katy said...

fabulous! there is something wonderful about KNOWING. :)

you are most definitely in our prayers. i love you!

Tracey Clem said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey Clem said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for the three of you! Prayers going up...can't wait to meet the new littlest Spice!

Love you guys!!

Jill said...

Awesome news, April! I can understand wanting to know when things will happen, so I think it is great that this one is planned for you :)! I will be saying prayers for you and thinking of you tomorrow. Can't wait to see the new baby boy!

Tamalani Barnett said...

I'll be praying for a safe and quick delivery! And also that the next few weeks/months will be smooth sailing. Congratulations!
Love, Tami

Anonymous said...

So exciting, April! We pray God's blessings on you today!

Unknown said...

WOW! I can't believe it's time already! Can't wait to see pics of the new Spicer!

Welcome! said...

We can't wait to hear all the details! We love you guys and we will be covering you all in prayer over the next several months. Congratulations!