at the end of January. :) No seriously, in the last 30 hours, we've received about 10 inches of snow and it's still falling at a very rapid pace. This is what I expected at Christmas!! But oh wait, I was in sunny California for Christmas, so I suppose I had to be disappointed. It is cold, cold, cold but the snow is incredibly gorgeous. What is so fun about the idea that you can't go anywhere and you have to stay all bundled up inside gazing out all the windows? I'm not sure, but it's kind of magical. Now, remember, this midwest thing is new to me and had I grown up in Michigan my whole life, I'm sure I would not have the above sentiments.
The boys are just tickled with the abundance of snow. Noah doesn't want to stay out in it very long but that could be because we do not have all the proper snow accessories for him. If he felt warmer maybe he'd want to play longer. Who knows. But I declare today to be a definite snowman making day. Ideally while Wesley is napping because the little guy would literally be buried if he tried to walk out there right now. I'm not kidding. I'll take some pictures and try to post them up shortly. Yesterday was a coffee drinking, movie watching, popcorn eating kind of day. I'm feeling the same thing for today. I admit it makes me feel very lazy and unproductive to do that 2 days in a row. But as I laid in bed last night analyzing what being a "stay at home mom" entailed, I decided that this is exactly what it is. Somehow being at peace with the ebb and flow of productivity and laziness, good attitudes and tantrums, empty hampers and piles of laundry, healthy home cooked goodness and boxed mac-n-cheese, nurturing conversations over crafts and turning on Barney for them to veg in front of. So cheers to a lazy day with hopefully some healthy doses of fun, laughter and rest.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..........
Posted by April Spicer at 1/28/2009 08:23:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment