Monday, March 23, 2009

Menu Plan Monday 3-23

Happy Birthday Kimmy! My oldest sissy is 36 today!! Wowee, you are getting old girl. :) I remember when we were all in our 20's and oh how I looooooved that decade. And then when I finally turned 30 it was a shocking reality to us all (and especially my parents) that they no longer had children in their 20's. The 20's seem to last forever. And oddly, the 30's seem to move so quickly. Well, anyway, I love you Kimberlee very very much and hope you have the best day ever!

Now, on to the ever-so-important menu plan. hardy har har. I haven't done this in awhile and I guess I could say that for consistent blog posting. I've just had kind of a computer lull. Anyway, my boys will probably wake up any minute but I'm going to attempt a post anyway!

Meal #1 Lasagna, french baguette, spinach salad
Meal #2 Shredded beef burritos, beans
Meal #3 Tilapia, veggies, and potatoes/or rice
Meal #4 Pizza, salad
Meal #5 breakfast for dinner
Meal #6 Leftovers
Meal #7 Go out

We're all doing just fine in case you were wondering. Brian was sick all weekend with a category 5 cold. Noah woke up this morning and has been toying with catching it. We loooooved the last two nights of weather. Eating dinner on our screened in porch is like paradise to us. Oh! I planted 142 seeds! Yep, 142. So in the coming 2 weeks I will be preparing my garden/s in the backyard and attempting to transplant these seedlings. I cannot WAIT! I have been wanting my own garden for sooo long and my pesky ole dad won't teach me his tricks of the trade. Not to mention I have two little ones keeping me busy and so I had kind of hung up that dream till they were in school. But after my friend Kristina down the street inspired me, I realized it CAN be done! So I'll keep you posted on my progress. We have been ambushed by moles the last week or so and so our plan is to get "rid" of them before I have to plot out my garden. Dude, have you ever really looked at a picture of a mole anyway???? They are SO GROSS!! I went to buy some mole killer at the hardware store and the picture on the bottle about scared my pants off. Their claws are monstrous! I really hope if and when they die, they just disappear because I have no desire to see them with my own eyes. Ewe.

Alright, better get off my duff before the wailing ensues. Wesley never wakes up happy. Ever. More posting soon!

2 comments:

Tracey Clem said...

Hey dear friend!

Thanks for faithfully stopping by my stagnant blog. I am going to really try to be better.

I feel the same way about Wesley! I know him from his/your blog, and thank goodness for that! Such a bummer we weren't in the same town when we had kids! Not that I didn't love our kidless days together...but having you around now would be priceless.

Thanks for the encouragement! And we love those lazy days too! :)

Love you!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

You should watch City of Ember to see the world's nastiest mole.

I'm doing Tilapia this week- are you doing anything special to yours?