Alrighty folks, I realize I haven't been very studious in blogging lately so it's not like you'll miss me much more on vacation right? Brian and I are about to embark on our 10th anniversary trip to Costa Rica. The kids are being cared for by family and all is well in the world. I'm giving myself a little positive self talk cuz at the moment I'm feeling the whole separation anxiety, guilt, fear junk which is so NOT appropriate. I would really appreciate your prayers that Brian and I have a truly memorable trip with lots of relaxing and growing closer than we have the past 10 years. I really want this to be the best trip we've ever had and 90% of that happens in my head---not circumstances. So join with me in prayer that I can leave my mommy duties alone for a few days and just remember how much I love being an adult=====an adult in paradise! I also appreciate your prayers for the kids that they stay safe and healthy. We're on a bit of an injury spree so it needs to stop the minute I walk out the door. :) Half of Noah's face is purple (not an exaggeration) and Wesley got hit in the head close range with a rock today leaving 3 little gashes in his head. He was tough though and nothing serious, thank goodness.
I hope all is well with those of you that read my blog. I'm not sure what my deal is lately but I seem to have lost my mojo. Hopefully a nice vacation will cure that right up and I'll be back in full effect shortly. See you all soon!
Wednesday, August 05, 2009
And we're off!
Posted by April Spicer at 8/05/2009 10:38:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey girl!
CONGRATS on the big trip! I'm super excited for you guys. I found that a day or two into our anniversary trip last January I started to remember who I was...and who Kevin and I were pre-Cameron. It was a really nice feeling. I will be praying the same for you. Take a deep breath, Mama, and really enjoy being off-duty.
So proud of you guys for making this happen.
Can't wait to hear all about it!!
Love you and miss you!!
Trace
You are so sweet Trace. Thank you for the encouragement. I love you and miss you too!! So far, Costa Rica is beautiful and perfect. More details later! :)
April,
I guess by now you're on your trip and hopefully enjoying every moment! Never think that by taking time to work on your marriage you are denying your kids! You are doing the best thing possible for your children by loving their daddy the best that you can. It is the second greatest gift you can give them, next only to loving God with your whole heart - which I know you do! You're a great mom!
Love,
Lynn
Hope you are having a great time!
Post a Comment