Nice title huh? Well, it is a preview of a very diverse post I will write here. There is much to write about and I know you want to hear about Costa Rica but I just don't feel like pouring over the details, so I'll give you a few highlights of the last week.
- Costa Rica was beeeeee-utiful. Weather was perfect---only rained one day. They were on mountain time, so Brian and I were up at 6:15am every morning so our days were nice and long.
- We ate lots of good food. Costa Rican food is like authentic mexican food with more flavor. So that's yummy.
- There are lizards/iguanas everywhere. Big ones. So we named one of them Rico that we passed every single morning as we left our bungalow.
- We went ziplining and that was a huge highlight. I highly recommend doing it if you every have a chance. It's not scary at all---totally exhilarating. I was just sad cuz I didn't see a sloth zipping next to me.
- I got stung by a jellyfish.....within 2 hours of arriving at the hotel. I know, crazy. After spending half my life in the Pacific Ocean, this is the first time that has ever happened. But really, it's not a big deal. I think it's a bigger deal picturing that thing touching your body than the actual pain. And I didn't even see it, so there you go.
- My sister is a rockstar for watching my kiddos (and hers). Everyone had a blast and I am as thankful for the time my kids got to spend with them as I am getting to spend time alone with Brian. I would have loved to actually be here in IN to visit with her more (since this was her first time visiting). Kimmy, I love you! You are the best!
- Today I went to see Julie & Julia with my friends Cindy and Beth (as well as brunch and shopping). I truly can't remember the last time I shopped for clothes with girlfriends. I am not a shopper and this was much more fun than I ever thought possible. I think it was because we didn't even plan on going---the movie theater lost power and we had to kill time somehow............so TJMaxx reaped the benefits of the power outtage. :) Anyway, the three of us had so much fun browsing and recommending clothes for eachother. My amazing husband let me spend 7 hours away from home today and that was perfect in everyway.
- But the true high point was seeing Julie & Julia. Please go see it as soon as you can. It's a perfect movie in many ways. Nothing bad, crude, or inappropriate. The couples in the movie are married which is a WELCOMED change. The food looks amazing and my head flew back many times as I laughed heartily at the film. But truly, at it's core, it's shows two great partnerships and the journey of marriage. It shows how women seek to be defined these days and back in the 50's. And yes, if you know me at all, you know I love cooking, love food, love reading about food, etc. So it's a hard movie not to love. Meryl Streep does a homerun job and I couldn't critique her if I wanted to. I have countless memories of my dad and I watching Julia Childs all growing up on TV. My dad loved to imitate her voice (who doesn't?) but he also loved to see her cook. So did I. I think at the end of the film, it says her Mastering the Art of French Cooking is in it's 57th edition. I presume after this movie gets seen enough, it will be in it's 80th printing before too long. I know I have a sudden itch to learn french cuisine!
- To tie up this random post, I wanted to declare I have 2 itsy bitsy teenie weenie pumpkins growing on my vines. Pumpkin plants grow amazingly fast. The variety I'm planting are small sugar (pie) pumpkins and will be perfect for decoration and cooking. Since they are small, my guess is I don't have to wait near as long for them to mature as you would huge jack-o-lantern ones. Anyhoo, it gets me very excited for the fall, even if that does mean that summer has to end, and cold weather will be ushered in shortly after fall. :(
3 comments:
Yeah! I am glad you had a great time on your trip and the boys did geat with your sister ... joy! And, I loved the movie, "Julie and Julia." Brian and I went and he loved it, too. :) It did have a wonderful message about marriage. And I about wet my pants laughing at the onion part!
Love you bunches!
I made the blog. I feel like a celebrity! ;-) I still want to hear more about your trip and see those pictures you were going to show us on Saturday. I think more girl time is in our future!
So great to have you back!!
Post a Comment