You see I didn't call them resolutions because that word alone causes almost instant failure. Goals suit me better and with God's help, I will be making some big changes this year. These are things I feel the Holy Spirit and my own conscience have been telling me for a while that I need to work on. So here it goes! And I will admit, that I've already had MANY opportunities (being that it is the 12th day into the new year) to practice these....sometimes it is fun, sometimes I groan. :)
In no particular order:
1) Do not step (or run) away from new experiences.
2) Think of others more highly than myself.
3) Savor and take joy in each day as it really is all I have.
4) Love Brian in new and deeper ways.
5) Make less assumptions.
A few comments about these....
#2 and #5 have to do with my pride and self awareness. LOTS of work to do here, folks.
#1 and #3 target the introvert in me as well as the lazyass butt I can be.
#4 is a simple goal that I want to pursue with passion as I fill the role of "wife" for what will hopefully be decades and decades to come.
So far #1 & #2 are all up in my grill and it's becoming pretty obvious how much I need to work on these. It's also becoming obvious that in no way shape or form can I do this without God. I am NOT that good of a person. I actually like the reaffirmation of these challenges because it shows me that I didn't really come up with this list---the Holy Spirit did.
I would love to hear of any goals you might have set for yourself this year. I have NEVER ever set New Year's goals/resolutions and taken them the least bit seriously, so don't feel like you have to earn your keep here. Even if you just have one thing you'd love to accomplish this year, I wanna hear it. Go on, Kristen, give me your list. :)
Monday, January 04, 2010
Goals for the New Year!
Posted by April Spicer at 1/04/2010 10:49:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
What great goals!! I really like how they aren't the traditional "lose weight" "read this or that", but actual things about yourself that you want to work on and see a different person at the end of the year. I think you are doing awesome at this and I'll be praying that you keep going, friend. I think you're pretty great already.
Post a Comment