I have not been one to post regularly on Thursdays, but today I have so much to be thankful for (not just today, but you know what I mean). Kristen--you inspired me with your post, so here it goes:
1. The boys, a.k.a the little boys. Noah and Wesley have just been adding so much sweetness to my days I can hardly stand it. They are two peas in a pod and they adore eachother. I realize parenting has its ups and downs, but we are in a huge upswing right now and I'm so thankful. We've been enjoying our time at home this winter and I feel so content with being a stay at home mom.
2. Health. God has protected all of our immune systems for a incredibly long stretch and I'm quite convinced that is why I've enjoyed being at home this winter. When there is illness in our house, I am an anxious mess. But so far, no one has been sick this winter and it has allowed all of us to enjoy eachother day in and day out. Yes, the boys take vitamins, and I take vitamins (SuperMom) but I'm not so sure that is the ticket. Either way, being healthy is great and even if we had colds and flu and junk, I would still be thankful that we do not have any major illnesses/conditions in our family.
3. Brian's job. This is why I'm able to stay at home in the first place and I am thankful everyday for the hard work he puts in and the respectable company he works for. He had his annual review today and while I haven't heard all the details, he did say it went really well and he felt good. What a blessing! I often think how horrible it would be to be in his shoes and be responsible for so much, get up so early, travel so far, befriend "not so nice" people, etc. I try not to think that too much because I'm afraid I'll suddenly have to work. :) But, the bottom line is, he is so much better of a person to do what he does than I could ever dream to be. I'm proud of him and I'm so so so thankful.
4. TurboJam. What's that, right? Well, it's these silly exercise DVDs that my neighbor gave to me because she had 2 copies. They sat and sat for months till one day I decided to try them out. I love it! I feel healthier and more energetic and I can do them without ever getting in my car (I usually go to the Y to workout). Wow, that sounded like a total commercial! What a dork I am. We're going to FL in 3 weeks and I hope to have a better bathing suit bod by then. We shall see!
5. My home. It's feeling more home-y to me lately and I've had a lot of good moments this winter in it. Where I sit in the morning for my quiet time, where I read to Wesley in his room, where we play boardgames as a family...I'm thankful for all these spaces. We try to make it clear to Noah how special it is to have a safe, warm home and half the time, I think we're reminding me. I love our home, and I hope any of you outoftowner friends, will come bless me by staying in it!
That's a rap folks. Enjoy your Thursday!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Thankful Thursday
Posted by April Spicer at 1/21/2010 03:14:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment