Saturday, May 17, 2008

The inner workings of me

April thinking this morning approx 10am...


Okay, we are going to do something fun today. It's a beautiful day outside, we need to get out. We will definitely do something fun. "Noah, we are going to do some really fun things today ok?" Okay, so hmmm, we could go to Main Street days....naaa, not with Wesley, no way. We could go walk around Southlake Town Center. Hmm, not fun for Noah or Wesley. I need to be impressed with what I come up with. I want Noah to be impressed too. We could go down to the Forest Park train. Yuck, long car ride for Wesley and he is already in rare form today. We could picnic at Bear Creek park. That's not original. We have done that before. Noah would not be impressed. Brian isn't here so I want to make a unique memory. Maybe something we won't ever do again before we leave for Bloomington. Feeling restless. Walking aimlessly around the house while sort of straightening up. "Yep, we will do something fun today Noah. It's a beautiful day." Well, we could go to the opening of our neighborhood pool today. Oh man, if we do that, Wesley would prevent me from really getting to work with Noah and watch out for him. Plus, I think the pool will be cold. Starting to get agitated. Mind going 40 different directions. Wesley woke up and is really fussy. Must leave now. "Okay Noah, we need to go now. Get in the car. No, get your shoes on and get in the car now." What are we going to do? Come on, God. Give me a clue here. I have an opportunity to do something cool with my kids....show me where to go! Driving out of the driveway. "Noah, don't ask me where we are going because I have no idea yet."
Feeling annoyed. How did my mood change so drastically?? All because I have no idea what I'm going to do. But we needed to get out of the house. Yes, this will be fun. This will be a memory. Bring the camera just in case.............


We stop at Central Market to run in for some grab lunch boxes. After getting everyone loaded in the car with Wesley crying and me realizing I could have made everything I bought at home, ugh................


Bliss. Beautiful bliss. Complete with Noah saying, "Mom, thank you so much for bringing all this stuff so we could do this."

My little punkins.
The Texas sky is one thing I'm going to miss a lot.
Look at these clouds. The pictures don't do them justice.
This is the new pose Noah loves to make.

Nice face. He was munching on something he found in the grass.

Noah riding his bike on some great paths around Bob Jones Park. Our first visit to this beautiful place!

I wish so bad you could see his face. So cute. But he's posing again in front of this lake. He got to watch some people catching fish and he thought it was the coolest.


I couldn't get the little rascal to look at the camera! I finally posted some new things on the boys' blog so make sure to check it out!

2 comments:

Diana Richards said...

See...sounds like it was a success after all! Your boys are PRECIOUS! Thanks for the reminder that it doesn't have to be a HUGE deal to make a huge impression!

Sarah B said...

So glad it worked out. I totally understand wanting to take advantage of a beautiful day and not knowing how to make it happen - even as an adult with no kids!! :)