1. Someone prayed for us.
2. I gave up on disposable razors.
Here's why both of those are important to me:
Today was the first time someone prayed for us since we moved here to Bloomington. She hadn't known us more than 2 minutes. Her name was Angie. We met her at church during the meet/question moment. We were asked to pray together (in groups of 4) and she took the opportunity to say a short simple prayer for Brian, me and our two little boys. The prayer itself was nothing earth shattering but it occurred to me that it was the first time we have heard someone pray for us in 2 months. It felt nice, and I was very thankful. We still haven't made a decision on a church. But with the Lord's direction we are getting closer. We have been visiting 2 churches and both of them are wonderful. Different from eachother in multiple ways, but both focused on Christ and bringing Him to the people in our city.
Now, the disposable razor thing. I have had a love hate relationship with them. They are cheaper by epic proportions (especially when used with fab coupons) --love. They do not shave me adequately enough---hate. I have bought every one on the market. 2 blades, 3 blades, 4 blades....what's next I don't know. Regardless, I constantly am amazed at how they fall short. Does anyone else have this problem???? My dad even works for P&G and gave me a sample of a Venus Embrace. STILL didn't hold up to my seemingly tough as nails hair. Yes, I know maybe too graphic for some of you. The even weirder part is that it has gotten ridiculously worse since we moved here. I was at coping level in Texas. Now I'm beyond that. It simply would be embarrassing to go any longer with this lack of success in the shaving department. So! I tell you, I will have to commit to a REAL razor. Shhhh......don't tell him but my husband's Fusion manly razor is the only one that seems to give me desired results. I dare not buy such a ridiculously priced razor myself (not to mention the refills! $2.50 a blade from SAM'S!!!!) however I will have to spy one out that is similar in mechanics. So here is where you come in. If you are happy with your real razor (not disposable) then please give a shout out to it by commenting about it. I've got a few more disposables to burn through so I'm not ready to go out today and get one. But maybe later this week. So help!
Sunday, August 24, 2008
2 Things Happened Today
Posted by April Spicer at 8/24/2008 01:26:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You are so funny!!!
I have been in the same boat... tough as nails leg hair! I, too, used to use disposable razors- the pink Daisy brand. Then I got the Fushion Razor in the mail as a demo. I finally used it and was AMAZED at the difference! Then when I went to buy refills I almost fell over when I saw the price. BUT, when I went back to using disposable, I realized that the price was not that much different considering the amount of shaves I could get out of the Fushion. It was very similair to what I used to spend in disposable, yet each time I shaved it was so very nice!
Hope that helps! P.s. so glad you are finding good churches... I am praying for you 4! Here's a hug!
Post a Comment