Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Need a nifty craft idea?

Yesterday I completed a long awaited project of making new placemats for my kiddos. Now, don't get too envious.......I am not a craft person. In fact, I actually aspired to be one at one point in my life.....um pre-kids.... and spent a fortune on every scrapbooking tool imaginable. But you know what, if it ain't you, then it doesn't really matter what fancy gadgets you have. A project once in a blue moon is about all I can put on my scoreboard.

However, when Noah was 2, his preschool made these laminated placemats that had pictures of friends, family, favorite things, etc on it for each kid. We both loved them! And considering now I have another toddler in tow, I figured it was time to start fresh with new placemats. This is particularly handy since we just moved away from all friends and family and I need to be sure Wesley remembers everyone.

So, about 5 weeks ago, I started to put together the bottom of the placemats with all my handy dandy scrapbooking paper and even used the funny shaped scissors. It was actually kind of fun but after completing one I remembered why I do not do the scrapbooking thing. Woo! Way too much work. Anyhoo, the foundation sat on my table for weeks and finally yesterday Noah and I completed it. We stuck all the pictures on and then ran to Kinkos--FedEx Kinkos--oh wait FedEx Office (seriously!) to get it laminated. They are finally done and the kids have so much fun looking at all their buddies while eating their meals. Add to that they wipe clean with no fuss (unlike pretty frilly fabric ones) which is an essential around here. So click here to see the finished products.

0 comments: