It's September 18th and I'm wondering where in the world time has gone and where it is headed. I feel like every time I turn around a whole week or two has passed, or we're in a different month, or someone encountered a major milestone. So you can imagine what the title of this post means for me as I ponder why I'm always feeling in the blink. That weird place where there is no beginning or end, but just the moment. I think I said that before after just a few weeks of living here. Now we are at 3 months. I am happy to report, though, that after returning "home" from Orlando, B-town finally felt more like home. It was a respite to come home to with fall showing all of it's new colors. I will say that I'm really really starting to love it here. I love who our family is becoming, I love who I am becoming as a mother, and I love who my boys are becoming as brothers. The environment here only helps all of that. It's a beautiful place, Bloomington. And the next 60 days or so will only get more so that way. I thank God for all of it. Every little bit.
So my baby turned 4 and I'll be posting a slideshow with pictures of that on the boy's site.
We went to Orlando for Brian's sales meeting and had a lot of fun there. My camera battery just died so I was unable to upload the pictures. Drats. I'll give you the play by play now and then post the pictures next time.
-Wednesday we arrived at the Buenavista Resort which is on Disney property. We walked around Downtown Disney and then that night they had a big dinner for us in one of the ballrooms. Brian's company rented out the whole resort, so there were about 1200 of us. It's always a fun night because we are reconnecting with people we haven't seen in a year and a half. Most of these people last saw me when I was 8.5 months prego with Wesley!
-Thursday we went to Magic Kingdom for the day. Brian and all his coworkers stopped working at 1pm, so it was after that that we went. We rode all the rides and got drenched in rain but it was fun. For some reason I was thinking that it was different from Disneyland, but nope, pretty much exactly the same. :) We even went to Mickey's house to get some up close and personal pictures. Noah can't believe that we saw Mickey and Minnie "that move". :)
-Friday after Brian got out, he golfed and I did a spa day. Then that night Cook had a big dinner for us at the Animal Kingdom. There were tables and bars and buffet tables set up all throughout the streets of Animal Kingdom and then at the end we got to see this Lion King show. It was actually a very cool night.
-Saturday was a relaxing day. We have learned over the last 4 years that always do nothing on the last day. So instead of golfing or site seeing, we prefer to bask in the sun and treat ourselves to the spa. :) So that is what we did. We both experienced wonderful massages and just baked in the sun. Orlando is VERY humid and was in the 90's that day so it was insane. But I got a little color out of it, so that's good. :) Then that night they had a huge party/dinner for us at Hollywood Studios. **This was definitely the highlight of the trip**. Once again they set up tables, dinner, and bars all over the park and then we had exclusive use of 4 of the rides--the best ones. :) But get this, when we drove up to the park in our buses, they had prepared a long red carpet and had hired actors and actresses that acted like paparazzi. We all had to walk down the carpet with huge lights flashing at us. People even asked for autographs! It was hilarious. Then when we got through all the crowd, there was this awesome DJ just blasting music. We definitely felt like we were Hollywood stars! It was so fun not having to wait in lines and the Aerosmith rollercoaster is the best. We all felt like kids running like crazy people all over the park while dancing in between.
All in all, a great time was had by all and our boys had a blast with Nana and Papa. They are the best for letting us get away. We even came home to a mowed lawn (props to Lindy) and a very clean house. Wow. Well, if you made it to the end of this post, I'm impressed. I actually hate writing out details of trips, but many asked about our trip and so this was the most efficient way to go about answering them. So sorry if you found this post boring at best. :) Better luck next time.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
In the blink
Posted by April Spicer at 9/18/2008 03:27:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How awesome was that trip! I can't wait to see pictures!!! I felt like I had been in a mini vacation with your attention to detail! Thanks for sharing!
p.s how did the applesauce turn out! That was sweet of you to link to me;)
Your trip sounded amazing! Thank you for all the details, I loved reading about them! I am THRILLED that IN is growing on you! What an enormous blessing from God. I doubt I will be that enthralled with the scenery in Tucson, but who knows...I guess it may grow on me! Hug your boys for me!
Post a Comment