
Happy Sunday night yall! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and nice weather. We sure did. I went out and bought some fall-ish candles so the smell of our house is starting to mix with this wonderful weather and you know what that means........fall officially begins tomorrow! Yippee! I honestly don't know a soul that doesn't just love this season. I feel so alive in summer and fall. What a gift! Well, some yummy things to be cooked this week. I've decided that since I like to have flexibility during the week as to what meal I make on what day, I am going to start numbering meals instead of assigning them days. Does that make sense? I encourage you, if you are not a meal planner, to seriously consider coming up with 4 meals a week that you have the ingredients on hand. Then just pick and choose which one to make on what night depending on what is going on with your family. Maybe you like to plan what meal comes on what day and that is great. I like to keep it flexible for what my mood is or what I have defrosted already. So here it goes!
1. Chicken parmesan with sauteed zucchini and penne
2. Steak sandwiches and fresh fruit
3. BLTs and leftover chili
4. Chicken stirfry with brown rice and veggies
5. Flat iron steak, mashed potatoes and cheesy broccoli
6. leftovers
7. out to eat
After some yummy homemade pizza last night (crumbled sausage and pepperoni) Brian decided that he would be just fine with making our own pizza from now on once a week or however often we want it. I was telling him this article I read that was saying that if you order pizza once a week and decide to start making your own, you could save upwards of $700-800 a year!!! Since our pizza turned out so yummy, he conceded and told me we could do that. Wow. You remember that we live in the Midwest in a big college town. PIZZA places reign supreme around here. There is some awesome pizza to be bought so it's a big deal if Brian says he is happy with the kind I make. Woo hoo!! A big pat on the back for April. :) He wants to start making different kinds...buffalo chicken, bbq chicken, etc and that sounds yummy too. So anyway, if you need a crust recipe, click here. That is the kind I made last night. Super easy and quick. Then I just added lots of cheese, cooked sausage, pepperoni and some good pasta sauce. Waalaa.
P.S. I've stocked up on graham crackers, Hershey chocolate bars, and large marshmellows lately. You know what that means for dessert!!!!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Menu Plan Week of September 21
Posted by April Spicer at 9/21/2008 07:45:00 PM
Labels: food
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We make a lot of pizza at our house, too. BBQ chicken is good, especially if you have leftover chicken from the grill. We've had it with bacon and pineapple for a little change of pace, too.
Hi April, I first have to say that I love your meal plan ideas. When I actually take the time to do this it is so nice... I'm wondering why I don't do it every week?!
Anyway, we make homemade pizzas too but I cheat and get the frozen dough from the grocery store. Just take it out of the freezer in the morning and it thaws ans rises and by dinner time it is ready to go. And it always makes the yummiest pizza, and SO much cheaper than ordering delivery or going out. They come in bags of 5 loaves so we always have some on hand. Just thought I'd share! I'm all about making life (and dinner) easier!
Post a Comment