Monday, February 16, 2009

Let's Be Honest............

So I believe one of my more recent posts had to do with something about not being on the computer as much and finding my more important reality in my home and family. Well, you are hearing it here first, I have failed the last couple of weeks in that arena. I can't believe how easy it was to turn my back on my goal and become completely engrossed in Facebook lately. Mind you, I am not new to Facebook. I've been a member for a year or two. But it had remained pretty dormant among my "things to do" and I didn't really find it tempting. In fact, I kind of made fun of people that update their status multiple times a day and made it their main form of communication with the outside world. Now, enter the scene a sudden and violent reunion of almost my entire high school class. Many of my friends from high school remained in hiding and I had given up on finding them. And truth be told, I had forgotten about a lot of them. I have a really odd forgetfulness about my life in Albuquerque, NM. I can't remember names, streets, areas, people, almost to an upsetting degree. I lived there for 4 years and so this shouldn't be the case. But let me say it was the more rebellious 4 years of my life and paved the road for my ultimate destination at the feet of Jesus begging him to change my life. So maybe this "forgetfulness" is a gift---who knows. Anyhoo---back to my story, I had some extremely close friends that I have remained separated from and have wondered over the years how they were doing and where their lives took them.....

It seems as though many of these friends all came onto FB at once and it was like a giant collision of long lost friends that were instantly reintroduced. It has been a blast seeing everyone and being pleasantly surprised where everyone is in their life. So needless to say, I have been on FB constantly, checking on everyone, responding to messages, waiting for responses, looking at pictures, reading those talked about "25 random things" lists, and on and on and on. So I come clean to my blogging community about my internet moderation detour. The laptop is back upstairs in the furthest room from me and I hope to keep it shut down for greater lengths of time. I'm not making any big promises though. Baby steps, as my friend Kristen always says. :)

I feel like there are so many things to update everyone on, but the time escapes me right now. I do want to post my menu plan because I haven't done it in over a month and I'm trying to get back on track in the kitchen. Something new I'm going to try is come up with about 20 tried and true recipes that I know my family loves and leave the other 5-8 a month for experiments. This will provide me a more balanced approach to my menu plan and prevent me from becoming disappointed a full 4 nights in a row when my kids hardly touch what I've cooked. So after this week of meals, I'm going to implement this new plan. I'll still be able to post our weekly menu, but over here on my side, I won't be coming up with my menu week to week if that makes sense.
I will write a more personal update tomorrow for those completely uninterested in this food business and more interested in our fabulous excessive lives. :) Right.

1. Tijuana beef with salad and mexican rice
2. Chipotle chicken, sweet potatoes, green beans
3. Red curry chicken, rice and spinach salad
4. Hamburgers, oven fries, veggie
5. Fishsticks, mac n cheese
6. Leftovers
7. Out to dinner

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU'RE BACK! I've missed you! I do want more info, cause let's be honest...I am no use in the kitchen at all! So, I greatly appreciate your recipes, and will most likely never use them because they do not come in a box! SO...give us the update on your fabulous excessive lives dearie! Miss you!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

"update their status multiple times a day and made it their main form of communication with the outside world"... that made me LAUGH. Mostly because I like to use fb as my main form of communication with the outside world. People don't annoy me as easily that way. :)