So I guess based on how well you know me you can guess whether I am embarrassed or not. :) Some of these go against natural inclination, so just ask. I'll be honest. Ha!
1. I do not follow fashion rules. 75% of my closet is 10 years old. Unlike some things, this is not an exaggeration.
2. Noah talking about his male anatomy---especially when we discuss growth spurts. Ummmmm, ya.
3. The fact that I know very little about The economic stimulus package.
4. My own children crying in public and having to spank them.
5. Getting up to the checkout with a full cart of groceries that have already been scanned and bagged and realizing I didn't have my wallet. On top of that, I realized I was in a 15 items or less lane....with many people waiting. Can anyone say, "You've Got Mail"???? "Happy Thanksgibbing back".
6. After hearing a short preview of our lesson on Esther this past Sunday in class, asking publicly which book we needed to turn to. Maybe extremely red face would give a clue here. And I promise I'm never this retarded.
7. I do not know where all the states are located if you asked me. I'm getting better though.
8. I will lie awake at night and think about how the drive-thru lady at Steak and Shake (for lunch) charged me incorrectly and how in the world did she come up with that $ figure? We're talking pennies, folks. But my mind. will. not. rest.
9. If a friend got a new haircut, dye job, or something drastic, and I don't think it looks right, I probably will pretend I don't notice. This entire situation makes me feel extremely awkward. But lying to someone about how I feel makes me even more uncomfortable. The torture....
10. I do not like talking on the phone, really. Calling someone I don't know, or know very little, or haven't talked to in a long time is pretty much up there with walking naked in public. So if you happen to be in my select group that I enjoy talking to on the phone, please feel special. :) I'm a work in progress.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Top 10 things I may or may not be embarrassed about.
Posted by April Spicer at 4/07/2009 11:00:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I also have an unhealthy fear of talking on the phone! Have embarrassed myself enough in past to be worried now.... Also - when I see someone with a new hairdo, I say something like "Your hair is different - are you happy with the change??" It doesn't matter what I think - if they're happy, I celebrate with them. If they don't like it, I commiserate. :)
I hope that you are NOT embarrassed by #4...everybody does it.
OH, how I wish I'd been there to see #6.
I'm with you on #3,7, and 10.
Sarah----you are so wise. I will definitely take your advice.
Cindy--no, I'm not embarrassed about my kids crying in public or spanking them. Maybe I should be, but I'm not. And it's good to know I'm not the only one out there that doesn't like talking on the phone. :)
April ... you make me smile!
Post a Comment