I'm going to start a top 10 series. They will cover all different things, but if you know me well, it is fitting I should start with favorite snacks. So here it goes.....
1. Tortilla Chips With an Identity Crisis from Trader Joes (and yes, I drive an hour and 15 min to obtain these jewels). They are part brown rice, part potato, and part corn. Utter deliciousness.
2. Soy and Flaxseed Tortilla chips from Trader Joes. Don't even try to knock em' till you've tried them. They are soooooooooo yummy (you would never know they are semi-healthy).
3. Would it surprise anyone that after the previous two, I would say guacamole for #3? And to be more specific, my husband's special guacamole. I will also stick salsa in here because truthfully, we don't have guac that often. But I do eat chips and salsa just about every single day.
4. Fruit leathers. Archer Farms fruit leathers from Target are fabulous, and they are even organic. Added bonus. The Pomegranate-Cranberry ones are my favorite.
5. Cashews. This is a new one--I mean in the last year. I have NEVER eaten cashews in my life. Mostly just almonds, but man, I'm really diggin' on these things lately. And my whole family digs them too!
6. Apples, preferably Gala apples. I went through a phase before children when I ate an apple every single day at work. They were a staple. I left that phase for many years and find myself now almost there again. The boys cannot get enough apples so it keeps me buying them and hence makes me realize how much I love them.
7. FiberOne bars. I can't even believe they give you 1/3 of your daily fiber and still taste so fabulous. I've now tried the peanut butter, caramel, chocolate and the new strawberry. I think the caramel and chocolate are my faves. They really do taste like a candy bar.
8. String cheese. I know, it's completely a juvenile thing to love. In fact, this is another "new" fave and probably the only time in my entire life I've bought them. But peeling them never gets old and it totally makes it last longer (even if I do eat 2 at a time). LOL I really do love cheese.
9. Here's where it gets a little general. Anything salty. No lie, salt is my weakness. Chips, popcorn, crackers, bring it. I'll devour 10 handfuls of different things before I acknowledge that I've had enough to qualify as a "snack".
10. Diet Coke. Ok, to be fair to myself, I drink less DC now than I have ever in my life. I mostly only drink it at fast food restaurants and occasionally at sitdowns. I don't even regularly keep it in my fridge. HOWEVER, it is definitely a snack in my book because it makes me feel all giddy and excited once I know I'm going to have some and I trick myself into believing it'll give me an added energy boost during crunch time. I don't know why it makes me feel special but if you are a DC junkie, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Zero calories but pure bliss.
Alright, well, thanks for humoring me and making me think you actually care about my favorite snacks. Stop by any afternoon and I promise to share atleast one of these with you. :)
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
Top 10 favorite snacks
Posted by April Spicer at 4/01/2009 06:00:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Some of those are my favorites too! I keep a stash of Fiber One bars in my car, and I had some cashews today.
I thought of you this afternoon when I got a great deal @ the grocery- 70 cans of baby food for $0.19 each and a big can of formula for $7. It should have cost over $50, but we paid only $17! Yay for coupons and deals!!
-kelli
Good for you Kelli!! That is quite a steal! I love it when they send all those coupons in the mail. Wait till he gets a little older. They really start phasing them out......boooo!!
Thanks for commenting!
I'm agreeing with you on most of those, especially the salty! But, sister-friend, you got to quit drinking the Diet Coke ... eek! As a reformed DC drinker (tons a day for at least 20 years, minus pregnancy and nursing), I can tell you that your body will love you. The Aspartame is sooooooo bad for you and linked to many bad things. :( Love you and want you around and healthy for a LONG time! :)
First, remind me to tell you a funny story about fiber one bars that isn't appropriate for public.
Next, I agree with EVERY SINGLE ONE of these. Well, except for the ones I haven't tried, but they still sound SOO good. And I'm getting pretty hungry. Also, I think I'm going to start keeping more snacks in my car. That will probably prevent me from going to Starbucks so much.
Post a Comment