**Apparently I couldn't count and numbered these wrong, so now it is fixed. :)
1. Brian traveling is no fun for anyone.
2. The hope of a vacation is enough to get me through the week, month, and year.
3. I do some crazy things when I'm feeling lonely.
4. Getting our first pet is a big deal (see #3). More exciting than I had anticipated.
5. Losing 2 fish in one week had a much larger emotional impact on me than I would have ever guessed. (see #4)
6. Seeing parts of my garden die had a much larger emotional impact on me than I would have ever guessed.
7. Knowing a marriage close to us is dying has got my brain fried and my heart deflated. Between #5, #6, #7, I really wrestle with things I cannot understand and can't control.
8. Time with a good friend is like a balm on cracked feet. (don't you love that I used such a gross example??? Ewwww, I can't believe I just typed that)
9. Forced independence is a scary thing in marriage. It's very difficult to go back to being partially dependent, but extremely necessary.
10. I am a much nicer mommy when the house is clean.
11. I am completely head over heels for Wesley. I feel like every minute I'm wishing I was videotaping him. (and before you think too much about this, I gave Noah his proper adoration when he was this age too. :)
12. The hope of a vacation is enough to get me through the week, month, and year.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Top 12 realizations of last week
Posted by April Spicer at 4/27/2009 09:06:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I seriously could have written half of this!! Especially number 7 - all that adjusting and readjusting is HARD!
And I was forced to clean the house this weekend for Cheryl's shower, and I am also a much nicer mommy when my house is clean :)
Sorry about your fish and the marriage you are referring too ... we know that God heals those and I'll pray with you ... and for being lonely when Brian travels, I know that feeling. I am the same way about a clean house ... these boxes are making me insane! :) Can't wait until I have plowed through them.
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment