Now I've made you think I have some big exciting news to share....well, I don't. I just thought that instead of posting a "Top 10" of something (which btw, is about the easiest blog post idea ever), I would actually type out an update of the Spicer clan. But because I'm getting lazier and lazier by the minute ---especially as I've been called downstairs 4 times since trying to start this--I'll do it in bullet point fashion.
--Last weekend was Noah's first baseball practice and it was definitely one of the highlights of my life. Since I have the best childhood memories ever of playing softball for 11 years, I have been waiting for this moment since Noah was born. Oh, and yes, Noah loved it too. :) He was so hard core and smiled for an hour straight. There were kids crying and running all over the place, off the field, to their parents, etc etc. Not my Noah. He was made for this. If you've known him since he was a baby, you'll know he was hitting off the tee well at 18 months old. At 3 years old he was done with the tee and only wanted us throwing it to him. Yes, I'm bragging. j/k :) So as you can imagine, this was the culmination of years of anticipation and excitement. Unfortunately, he has to miss tomorrow's practice (and pictures!!) because we'll be on a little family vacation. Which leads to my next point....
--We are taking our second ever family vacation. Trips to California don't count, in case you were wondering. We tried a vacation in October of '07 to San Antonio. Wesley was 5 months old and Noah was 3. It was supposed to be filled with things like SeaWorld and the Riverwalk. Instead it was filled with hours of throw-up and a vow to never eat at Cracker Barrel again. It has taken me years to mentally heal from this trip.
So! We embark once again on an adventure to the state of Ohio. This will involve Great Wolf Lodge and the Newport Aquarium. I'm praying that we have the best time ever and make incredible memories to replace the nightmarish ones from yore. Note to self: do NOT share any details with Noah leading up to any future vacation. He will only torture you, and torture himself with all the suspense.
--Brian has travelled a lot this year so far. His journeys have included the Canary Islands, Scotland, Phoenix, San Diego, and Malibu. Not bad places to visit right? Well, it has left the rest of us on a journey to further perfect (ha!) the art of staying at home. I think Noah has gotten so much better about Brian leaving and Wesley is still at the naive stage that involves no tantrums when Daddy leaves. I, on the other hand, try to busy myself with friends and activities to make the time pass more quickly. Sometimes it is a success, other times, not so much. But I pray God will always help me balance being a mom and being a wife and realizing the special ways only Brian can serve in this family.
--As we near the 1 year mark of our move to Bloomington, our friends and family from Texas have only grown more dear to me. The clear realization lately that no one is watching my kids grow up with me has been a hard one to swallow. With time, I know these boys will be precious in the hearts of some people here. And you know what I mean---not merely thought of us "cute" but really treasured and loved. I feel this way especially regarding Wesley. I find myself constantly wanting to share his little victories and growths with anyone around me because I used to be watching them happen with countless friends and family next to me. I was talking to a close friend Karen yesterday who was like a second mom to Noah and wishing she could be here for Wesley. God blessed us with so many people in TX to love and nurture our children (and us!) and for that I am so thankful. So my prayer is that He will bring special people once again into our lives that will find some room in their hearts to love and nurture our little ones.
--My garden. I promised pictures, and here they are. It has had some ebbs and flows of growth and these pics are from the day I planted it. I can't wait to show you some more recent pics of things really taking off!
--We bought our first pet, Bustee the beta fish a week and a half ago and it almost died. We took it back and got a new beta fish, Goldie Bustee Spicer, and it died 3 days later. It was a very disappointing week for Noah and me and I have no answers on what the cause was. We did everything right according to Beta "rules" and therefore I'm left thinking we just were not meant to have a fish right now. Kinda makes me sick talking about it.
--Summer will be filled with lots of fun for the Spicers. A road trip to Texas, friends visiting from Texas, family visiting from Texas, and a 10th anniversary trip to Costa Rica (hopefully) are all on the docket. And don't think we don't have room for more visitors. Please come see us!
That's about it for this update on the Spicers. Have a great weekend!
Friday, May 01, 2009
Extra! Extra! Read all about it........
Posted by April Spicer at 5/01/2009 07:57:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh what a fun vacation you have planned ... and Noah is entirely to big looking in that baseball picture, but sooo cute! And, I love your garden box. Awesome. We'll plant one next week in very, very large pots! :) I love to watch things grow and then eat them. Also love those great windows you have. AWESOME! Miss you bunches!
April, I could totally relate to your bullet about being surrounded my loved ones to love and nurture your family. I can imagine that you are feeling that loss even more so because Brian travels so much. I am praying for you, my friend... because I can relate. I am so thankful to have my parents and in-laws nearby to love and nurture our kids... and to love them like we do. But it is also so important to have the rest of the "village" as well. After YEARS of not having that I am finally feeling like we are building our village of lovers and nurturers (that sounds weird... but do you know what I mean?- insert nervous laughter there:) I am praying for your village as well! You are such a fun and loving family that I know it won't be long before you realize that your village stretches the whole world!!!! Not sure if any of that made sense... but just wanted you to know that I love ya!!
I do miss seeing their little achievements and mile stones. It bothered me that I didn't get to see Noah play baseball! You know just talking about the details just isn't enough...I wish we could be there!!
I want to come to one of Noah's games!! :)
Hope you have a wonderful weekend away, friend.
Post a Comment