This is so funny.......... I was looking for a word that started with "m" for this Monday post. I typed in "adjectives that start with m" on Wikianswers and there is a hilarious list. It was hard to not pick something like mannish, mexican, mummish, or morbid. I think I chose a suitable word. :)
I am so thankful for this morning. I just have a lot on my mind and heart that I feel grateful for and I need to write it down. I hope and pray as you celebrate this Memorial Day that you have many moments today where you look around and take in all that we have to be thankful for.
-Hearing the laughs and giggles downstairs as my boys play with their Daddy on his day off.
-Eating breakfast on the porch while it poured rain. We all marveled at the thunder (and there was no one crying from fear of it!).
-The fact that our goal today is to do nothing but just be lazy and have fun together. We have no plans to go anywhere unless we ALL feel like it.
-Inhalers. Noah has a nasty case of croup and for the first few years of his life we had to use this dumb nebulizer machine that he hated. Now we have inhalers and he is so great with them. I just pray that his body heals and he is better really soon.
-Food. We love food around the Spicer household and the joy we get out of yummy homemade goodness is so wonderful. But simple things like large slices of watermelon have brought many smiles this weekend.
-Music. I think Wesley lives his life to an internal soundtrack. He is constantly singing or humming something and I think he mimmics the spirit in the rest of us Spicers. I am always marveled at how music makes everything better and causes us to find emotions inside we didn't know were there or we need to lift our spirits.
-Freedom. We watched "taken" last night and it was just another reminder even in beautiful countries that we consider vacation spots, there is still so much corruption, evil, and injustice. I realize our country has it's own share of that, but not in comparison to others. I'm thankful that I don't live every day with fear as a normal emotion. I'm thankful we have so many choices and that most of all, we can worship the Creator of the universe without fear of death.
-Warnings. I got a "warning" yesterday from a cop as opposed to a ticket. I say I'm thankful for this but maybe I'm just looking to vent about it. :) It was a young male cop who I knew with everything in me was going to pull me over after he had been following me for a little bit. And sure enough, those lights went on. I wanted to scream out the window "Bring it!" but of course, I patiently waited for him to come to the window and tell me what on earth he pulled me over for. You know what he said?????? I didn't signal that I was getting on the freeway. And you know what else? I was in a turn only lane to get on the freeway. Are you kidding me??? Ya, so whatever. I was hacked. He spoiled my delightful mood which I will explain on the next item and I just felt bitter that he wasn't out attending to the real criminals or law breakers out there. However, I will of course say that I overall, I'm thankful he gave me a warning because we all know that if he gave me a ticket, I'd have to bring out the dark side. And no one wants that.
-So, I spent roughly 3 hours (including cop incident) on my own at TJMaxx yesterday. I NEVER go to that store because it is about 25 minutes away and it's one of those stores I want to browse uninterrupted which is never possible with two angelic children in tow. But my inlaws got me a nice sized gift card there for my b-day and I finally went to cash in yesterday. It was pure bliss just looking at everything and accumulating items in my basket. I love that store. It has so much variety! I bought everything from designer jeans to all natural spray cleaner to stretchy workout bands. So fun.
-Love. I'm in a current phase of absolute adoration of Noah and Wesley. I cannot stop kissing them, hugging them, nuzzling them, snuggling with them, staring at them, listening to them, feeling their hair, rubbing their soft skin, putting my cheek to their cheek, and watching their eyes dance as they talk, ask questions, or sing. Sometimes I wonder if I'm supposed to be doing all these things with boys but you know, there will be a day (Brian informs me) that I will have stinky boys that I will not want to do this stuff with anymore. That is so completely hard for me to imagine but whatever, he says it's true. So until that day comes, I will soak up the fact that they love to cuddle and Noah actually asks me daily to just snuggle in bed with him and he'll lay there silent for a long time. I can't help it. God gave me these boys and he gave me deep feelings of love for them, and there is no reason not to show them every second I get how much I care for them.
Okay, time to wrap this up and go pay attention to my family. Oh! One more item I'm thankful for is my garden. I'll post pictures soon but it is doing really well and I found GREEN BEANS yesterday actually sprouting!!!! I'm soooooooooo excited. I thought the day would never come but it has and I cannot wait to pick them in the coming weeks. Happy Memorial Day everyone. I would love to hear what you are thankful for too. And Diana, I'll get around to doing the tag post ok? :)
Monday, May 25, 2009
Monday mentionables........
Posted by April Spicer at 5/25/2009 09:48:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Monday to you!!! It is so good to finally have a minute to catch up on your blog...we miss you guys!!!
Love and hugs,
Kristin and gang
Hey its Missy, i'm glad Julie emailed me your blog because i love it!!! I hope i get to see you, Noah, Wesley, and Brian again.
<3,
Missy, commenting from CA
Definitely call me when you are in town ... we MUST get together. That will be great!
Post a Comment