Monday, November 03, 2008

Menu Plan Monday 11-3-08


Wow, can you believe it is NOVEMBER already??? What in the world happened to all the time? We were just moving our sweaty selves into this house in June but it seems like a month or two ago. Crazy. I vividly remember thinking in August that Christmas would be here so soon and here I am doing Christmas shopping today after my grocery shopping! I tend to be an early shopper every year but this year we are going to TX for Thanksgiving (YES!) and so I want to bring everyone's Christmas present with me so I don't have to pay for shipping. More than a hat rack, folks. :) I have a few people left to take care of but I have a great headstart.

So here's my menu plan for the week. Nothing too crazy. Just trying to eat lots of healthy stuff. My lunches are when I'm definitely going health nutty since we don't have to eat the same thing. Dinners are harder to do that with since I'm feeding 3 boys. I'm doing a "cleanse" this week for 7 days so I'll let you know how it goes. It requires me to eat a lot of fruits and veggies and drink lots of water, so looks like I'll be visiting the restroom frequently. :)

1. Autumn Sausage Casserole
2. Chili dogs, tater tots, corn
3. Chicken fajitas, brown rice, beans
4. Pasta with meat sauce, salad
5. Vegetable beef stew in the crockpot
6. Leftovers
7. Eat out

Remember to check out orgjunkie.com for a slew of other recipes and fun menus happening around the country.

5 comments:

Debra said...

Okay you are so good with this menu thing it slays me! I cannot wait to hug your sweet self when you guys are here after Thanksgiving!

Love you ... Debra

Unknown said...

April, when are you guys coming down? Maybe we can cross paths!

Debra said...

Hey, I tried the summer sausage casserole in a crockpot ... it wasn't all that. How did yours turn out?

April Spicer said...

Not good. I think it only should have cooked for 4 hours instead of 5. By the fifth hour it ended up overcooking and got all mushy and nasty. I literally threw almost the whole thing out. Made me so mad!

Debra said...

Me, too. :) Kind of dry and mealy. The sausage was good, but there needed to be a sauce ... or something. We threw most it out, too! Glad it wasn't just me.