Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Perfect Meal..........for him.

I think I might do a series on meals that are perfect to either my husband, me, my kids, friends, etc. We all know the perfect meal can't be perfect to everyone eating, but it's always nice to know you are cooking something that resembles perfection to somebody.

So the other night I made this meal that my husband boldly stated could be part of our regular weekly rotation. Just FYI, we have NO regular weekly rotation whatsoever. But point being, I can cook this meal weekly, and he would love it. I was so tickled to see everyone eating just about everything on their plates. Noah has always been a divine eater but lately (I think in response to seeing his picky younger brother) hasn't been so thrilled about hardly anything I make. Dinner has become that nagging, annoying, pick-up-your-fork-now and take-a-bite, kind of hour. Nobody likes that. But on this night, he ate. A little prodding here and there, but overall, the kids ate enough to make me feel content. Why is it we moms gain such satisfaction from seeing our kids eat? Or backwards-we get grumpy, annoyed and even depressed when we see our kids abstaining from what we put on their plates. I don't know, but I've come to realize that it deeply affects me. Probably because I love to cook so much and I want to see satisfaction on everyone's faces. It's hard to not take it personally, right?

The greatest part about this meal was it was one of the easiest meals I could possibly make. No recipe needed, hardly any prep-work, and one oven temp. Lovely. At the off-chance this meal could be for you, what it was for me, I'm going to provide the recipe. Click here if you would like to see what our meal consisted of, and general instructions.

Well, I'm off to continue packing for our Thanksgiving journey. I apologize for not getting my "Thoughts on Bloomington" post up yet. It's comin'......promise. I hope you all have truly the most wonderful Thanksgiving ever with family and friends. We all have so much to be thankful for--regardless of any storms that might be brewing in our lives right now. For one, you are reading my blog!! Now that's something to be thankful for. :) But seriously, whether you believe it or not, Jesus Christ died on a cross to secure a place in heaven for us. We can have peace and love in our lives instead of guilt and pain due to our sin. We can wake up each day knowing that we are a child of God and that He is working powerfully in this world and through us. He provides certainty in a world of no certainty at all. This gives me cause to feel thankful everyday of the year.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comments:

heidi said...

Hey you! How was your Thanksgiving with family???? Can't wait to hear all about it.